Bronze Rings: Adinkra Symbols (Made in Ghana)
We want our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchase. If you are unhappy for any reason, we accept returns and exchanges within 10 days of delivery of unworn and unwashed items in original condition with the tag still attached.
The full amount of the product & tax will be refunded, minus the shipping costs. No returns or exchanges will be processed after 10 days have passed.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to return or exchange an item.
These beautiful and stylish bronze rings are handmade in Ghana. We are working with a new artisan in Kumasi, and the rings are made out of brass.
The more rings you wear on one or both hands, the better. The majority of the rings represent Adinkra symbols - originated from the Akan in Ghana. The symbols have a decorative function but also deliver a message (see listed below).
Rings are being sold individually. All rings are slightly adjustable. Brass jewelry can darken after a while, to prevent that polish it with a soft, dry cloth or soak in freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Package Deal: 5 Rings for 100 USD ( please add the symbols/designs you want in the notes section at Check-out. Please do not add designs that are listed as sold out).
Here is the meaning of the available symbols:
- The Ankh - known as the original cross. Symbols physical & eternal life.
- Gye Nyame - expresses the omnipotence of God. Gye Nyame is the most popular Adinkra symbol. It reflects the faith of the Akan people, to see God’s involvement in every aspect of human life.
- Sankofa - Go back and get it / Move forward but don't forget the knowledge of the past
- Duafe - wooden comb, stands for beauty, feminine qualities
- NEWLY added:
- Wawa Aba - Perseverance
- Asase Ye Duru - Divinity of Mother Earth